Big Project?Arrange a Consult
At the core of Learn by Koskela’s enviro conscious policy is our commitment to make high quality products, that last for years and can be repaired if something goes wrong. Our products are designed to the highest standards of quality and functionality. While we believe our furniture will last as long as possible, if something does go wrong, we are here to help. All Learn by Koskela products are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship under conditions of normal and proper usage for 7 years from the date of purchase—this warranty transfers to whoever owns the product. After this time, if something goes wrong, contact us and we’ll let you know if we can fix it for a reasonable cost.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Some things to note:
- We can’t cover normal wear and tear, soiling, fading, wrinkling, or damage resulting from negligence, improper or lack of cleaning, accidents, misuse or prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. We can give you a cost to repair this if possible.
- We’ll let you know whether repairs to be carried out are covered by warranty or not, and if not, submit a quotation for the work and freight costs. For repairs covered by the warranty we will, at our option, either exchange the item or carry out repairs. We will also arrange transportation.
- Comfort creases resulting from foam settling and fabric stretching are normal occurrences and aren’t covered by this guarantee.
Product stewardship policy
Learn by Koskela believes that it is the designer’s responsibility and opportunity to develop products that minimise environmental impact. An integral part of this is providing clients with a viable alternative to landfill for their furniture items at end of life. Learn by Koskela and its manufacturing partners are committed to responsible life cycle management and the core principles of product stewardship and extended producer responsibility.
As a manufacturer/supplier, we understand that corporate social and environmental responsibility goes beyond the point of sale and warranty periods. We start by producing high quality long‐lasting furniture and providing clients with a seven‐year warranty against defect. Our goal is to maximise the overall life of the product as much as possible to begin with. This is followed by initiatives that enable us to give second and third lives to our items.
In conjunction with our manufacturing partners and suppliers we will take back all products and recycle in the following ways:
Note: As part of our product stewardship approach, product to landfill, is the least desirable option and all efforts to avoid this, will be made.
- Refurbishment and re‐upholstery of furniture products for reuse or resale to new customers, as part of a ‘second life collection’;
- donation of furniture in existing condition to charity organizations;
- disassembly of products for materials recycling by approved local operators.
Learn by Koskela uses an adaptive approach to ensure that all our policies are ongoing, evolving processes and our product stewardship is no exception: we are committed to refining, improving and expanding our product stewardship in order to provide life‐cycle management solutions that are both environmentally sound and cost‐effective to our clients.
- The customer/tenant shall pay for any costs associated with de‐installation, collection and removal of products as specified above.
- Standard labour rates (of the day) will be applied/charged to any activity specified above.
- The customer/tenant will be responsible for the safe removal of all power/data and communication cables /wires prior to Learn by Koskela de‐installing any products subject to product stewardship services. The customer/tenant will pay for any costs incurred in doing this work.
- Any and all proceeds arising from the services specified above are Learn by Koskela’s.